Canucks Have A 3 Point Week

Canucks Crush the Bandits

Tuesday night the Canucks were back at home to take on the Brooks Bandits. So far this season the Bandits have come away with the win but the Canucks were determined to change the outcome of this game.

With the first period underway, #23 Mark Drohan shot one into the net with help from #8 Dylan Williamson to give the Canucks a 1-0 lead. Less than a minute later #21 Kyler Magus knocked one past the Bandits goaltender to extend the Canucks lead to 2-0. Assists on the goal #27 Jordan McConnell and #2 Braxton Kane. With the period coming to a close the Canucks maintained their 2-0 lead. Shots on net were 12-10 in favour of the Bandits.

To start the second, #20 Oliver Chau scored to bring the Bandits within one. At 7:22 the Canucks responded as #22 Josh Giacomin put another on the board for the Canucks to regain a 2 goal lead for the Canucks.  Scoring just 15 seconds later #8 Dylan Williamson scored an unassisted goal on the breakaway to make it 4-1. The goals kept coming as #9 Ben Assad put one in the back of the net off a breakaway opportunity just 14 seconds later to make it 5-1 Canucks, with help from #12 Andrew Marshall. After 40 minutes of play the Canucks were leading by a score of 5-1. Shots on net were 28-23 for the Bandits.

With a power play to start the third #28 Brett Van Os added one for the Canucks after a set up from #18 Matt Painchaud and #22 Josh Giacomin. Throughout the third things got increasingly more physical for both teams as multiple scrums broke out. Before the game was over the Bandits got their second of the night from #14 Nicolas Vlahos. Able to keep the lead throughout the third the Canucks took the game 6-2!

The star of the game for the Canucks with the win was #30 Logan Drackett.

Canucks Head to a Shootout Against the Oilers

Saturday night the Canucks were in Okotoks for the final match up against the Oilers in the regular season. Coming off a big win against the Brooks Bandits the Canucks were hoping to take the game against the Oilers.

In a very back and forth first period the Canucks were battling hard to get on the board. At 14:09 their efforts were rewarded as #7 Josh Gagne put one in the back of the net making it 1-0 Canucks. Assists on the goal went to #6 Scott Nicholson and #27 Jordan McConnell. Less than a minute later #23 Mark Drohan made it 2-0 Canucks with a set up from #18 Matt Painchaud. After 20 minutes of play the Canucks had a 2-0 lead and shots were even up with 12 shots each.

With the lead heading into the second the Canucks were looking to keep things going as they hit the ice. Unfortunately #9 Tanner Laderoute scored for the Oilers 6 minutes into the period to make it 2-1. While the period saw lots of action on both ends of ice the Canucks were unable to extend their lead. After two periods shots on net were 26-25 in favour of the Canucks.

Much like the rest of the game the third was filled with end to end action. With just a few minutes remaining the Oilers pulled their goaltender for the extra attacker. Things worked in their favour as #4 Ayden Roche-Setoguchi put one in the net to tie the game. With time expiring the game was headed to overtime.

In overtime the Canucks battled hard and dominated the play outshooting the Oilers 7-0, however were unable to get one in the net to take the win. With nothing settled were heading to the shootout.  In the end the Oilers were able to score twice to take the game 3-2.

Saving 35 shots on net the star of the game for the Canucks was #30 Logan Drackett.